Home

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Collections: Part 1

(Sandi, this one's for you!)

CoLlEctIOnS
(part 1)

I have a collection of old potholders. 
Here are a few just hangin' around the kitchen. 



The rest? Well, this is ONE of the piles. 
Now I'm dying to display them. 
As I was flipping through the pages 
of one of my old Mary Engelbreit magazines 
at the water park today, 
a framed set of potholders leapt off the page at me. 
Yipee! 
Now I'm on a mission for a long, skinny frame.
   

The skirts of these lovely ladies unsnap to become potholders. 
  

I also collect old buttons. Here are a few jars . . .
  

. . . and suitcases. Hooray for suitcases!
The bottom two traveled around the world with my grandparents. 
Alas, my stack would be higher 
if I hadn't stolen the little ones to use in other displays! 
Look out, garage sales, here I come.
(Let's just save the watering can collection for a later post!)

And I guess I can add these darling metal chairs to the list. 
Here are two more old ones I painted 
a robin's egg blue with white arms. 


I added them to the yellow and green chairs 
I redid a few weeks ago 
to finish off this pretty little table. 
And the tablecloth? 
More on that later!

 

The famous reclining blue chair has been retired 
to a corner 
on the front porch.
 Its mate is still a 
rusty red rocker 
hiding in the phlox patch! 
It will have to wait until I'm over the fumes 
of spray painting those first five!


 Sandi, it's true -- you can never have too many collections.
As for me, I'll be gathering up more of my collections 
for another photo shoot!


1 comment:

  1. Love the Collections!!!! You just can never have enough!!!! I started getting some of my goodies from the big Ericson city garage sales out!!!1 Got some arranging to do! I need to pull some old magazines out. Good idea. Go glad I didnt part with them.

    ReplyDelete