Home

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Piles of Projects

Time to get back to work! 
Check out the piles of projects I've started . . .

The white shelf with the scalloped edge 
and the chalkboard 
are headed for my scrapbook/guest room. 
They already have a new coat of paint 
but are waiting for a few finishing touches. 
And I am in love with the aqua frame! 
A coat of glossy white paint 
was hiding this beautiful color, 
so after sanding it down 
I decided to keep it "as is." 
The bench peeking over the watering can of flowers 
has a new stained top, 
but I can't decide on a color for the bottom. 
Green? White? A chalky blue?  
The gate, bench, and watering can 
will stay on the front porch. 
More on all of these projects later!

After a short stop at my mom's house yesterday, 
I came home with these beauties!




ANOTHER metal chair!
And this one rocks,
literally! 
I'm still waiting for it to tell me
what color it would like to be.
The wash tub
is destined for the back porch.
A few rocks and my new solar fountain pump
is all it will need.
And the door leaning so effortlessly on that chair?
Check out the other side:



Aqua!
This picture does not do the color justice,
but it's a beautiful aqua!
And look at this hardware:


My mom has some fabulous treasures on her farm!
She's promised me a knob
from her "box of doorknobs."
Do I need to explain where my love for junk comes from? :)

And finally, this chair 
has been hiding in the rafters 
of the garage. 
Here's a before shot, dust and all.


So many fabulous bloggers have inspired me 
to tackle these projects. 
Stay tuned for the "after" shots.
Can't wait to share!

2 comments:

  1. I love your new finds! Man your mom and dad's farm is treasure chest!!! Love the aqua, it is my favorite. A friend has deemed that color "Sandi blue". Man, can't wait to come visit you and see all your stuff. I have been going through so many magazines lately, I have decided to make a junk album to keep in my car, so when I find something I don't think I would ever use, I will remember something cool to do with it! Keep it up Andrea, loving it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've fallen in love with "Sandi blue," too! Tim is a little freaked out by my recent obsession with magazines. (I got chewed out at WalMart today. I was supposed to be in the milk isle and I was reading magazines in the book section. Oops . . . ) The junk album is a fab idea! I need to come visit your house again for more inspiration -- it's SO adorable! Love your style! Keep the last weekend of September open so we can junk jaunt together! :)

    ReplyDelete