Home

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Simply Me

Ahhhh . . . summer!  
As passionate as I am about teaching, I am just as passionate about summer! 

It's the time of year I can 
tackle all of those projects at home 
that I've been putting off all year. 
I also get the chance to recharge and develop new ideas 
to use in my classroom this fall. 


And so begins my blog -- to document this simple life we live on the prairie. I'll share projects, inspiration, and a slice of our life here in rural Nebraska.
I really wanted to name it
"Camp (something...)" 
but I couldn't decide what to replace that "something" with. After all, a  
summer camp is really what defines me. 
Rivers, canoeing, campfires, crafts, creating, cooking, growing . . .
I'm inspired by these simple elements of life here in Nebraska.
And I loved going to camp as a kid.

So, here goes nothing -- a sort of "digital scrapbook" of my life and 
what I love about this prairie. 
My inspiration comes from those fascinating people I've gotten to know through their blogs. 
Thanks for inspiring me to begin my own.

Love filling old watering cans with flowers. This can sits on a bench on our front porch. It's one we dug out of an old dump -- just one of the perks about living on what I'll affectionately refer to as "the farm." Five years ago we moved back to the farm, smack dab in the middle of an alfalfa field belonging to my dad, brother, and nephew. 
The old garden gate behind it was a gift from my mom, who has passed her love for junk on to me! In fact, she just sent this old typewriter home with me yesterday. Adding it to the project list.



  

This chair needs some love. 
Hmmm . . . do I try a new color or stick with yellow?

No comments:

Post a Comment