Home

Friday, June 24, 2011

Scrape, Sand, Paint

Today -- chair roundup. 
Here they are, posing casually in front of the corn field. 


I can't tell you how hard it was for me 
to paint that chair on the left 
after seeing a pair of these beauties 
a dear friend distressed to look just like this! 
I may change my mind yet, 
but for now, 
blue will do for this guy. 
Maybe his mate will sport this look after I dig her out of the phlox patch.

So in between scraping and the sanding and the coats of primer and paint, I spent a little more time spiffying up the back porch
I finally "finished" this project after dark and snapped a few pictures.



I found a few old pickets hiding out in the garage
so I sawed them in half and hammered 'em together to make this star. 
Not sure I'm fond of the ribbon I hung it with, so that may have to change.


These are the paddles 
we use on family canoe trips down the creek 
that runs behind our house. 
Sitting in the garage does not do them justice.
And it may just remind us that it's time for another trip down the Pawnee, 
complete with weenie roast and campfire


And here are my chairs -- all painted 
and huddled with a variety of other pieces on back porch. 
With a chance of storms tonight, 
I'm not taking the chance that they'll be scattered across the yard in the morning! 
Pictures of these at work will just have to wait.


2 comments:

  1. Love the colors of your chairs!!! Look awesome! I really would like to paint mine, but, I think I just have to leave them alone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leave them alone! :) I love that distressed look you've given them! I have a few old dressers I want to paint and distress, so be prepared -- I'll be asking you lots of questions.

    ReplyDelete